Fire Guards and Fire Safety Directors
Fire guards and fire safety directors play an important part in keeping the residents of large buildings safe and may be required by local government code. Any time a fire alarm, sprinkler or standpipe is out of service in NYC, a fire guard must be provided to perform fire watch duties. Security USA®'s fully trained fire guards (FG) and Fire Safety Directors (FSD) are licensed to work in residential and commercial buildings/facilities, hotels and motels.
Fire Guards are also required for safe operation of many construction sites. On premises Fire Guards are required at any construction site where open flame is in use. Our Fire Safety Director's duties include, but are not limited to:
- Notifying building occupants of fires
- Helping to evacuate the building in an emergency
- Serving as liaison with the fire department during fire safety operations
- Maintaining the fire safety plan
- Supervising floor wardens
- Conducting fire safety drills
Fire prevention services are critical in order to allow owners to operate their business or residence without disruption. Security USA® offers these services in compliance with all local fire department ordinances.