SECURITY USA® CAREERS
Security USA, Inc. is always interested in interviewing experienced drivers, licensed security guards, fire guards and executive bodyguards who would like to be assigned to security jobs in New York, New Jersey and Florida. We are interested in security-minded professionals who understand the values of professionalism, vigilance and customer service. We offer competitive wages, professional respect, job satisfaction and flexible scheduling. We are among the leaders in the industry in our use of integrated technology and understand the value of a security guard who can think on his feet.
How to Become a Licensed Security Officer
In order to apply for a Security Guard Registration Card in New York, you must be 18 years of age, not have been convicted of a serious criminal offense and either be a citizen or resident alien (green card) of the United States. You also must have completed the 8-hour pre-assignment security guard training course before you apply.
More Information About Careers in Security
- Persons who are actively working as police who wish to work part time as security officers are not required to register with the New York State Department of State.
- Retired or former police officers ARE required to register with the state and follow all requirements if 10 years or more have passed since they were on active duty. If it has been less than 10 years, they do not have to meet all of the requirements.
- People who are currently employed as Corrections Officers and Court Officers or who are retired from those positions are treated similarly to those who have served as police. The staff at Liberty Security Training Institute can help you navigate all of the various requirements that are specific to your situation.
Now hiring & Open Positions
Security Officer & Security Guard $13-$18/HRLocation: 336 West 37th Street, 4th Flr New York NY10018 Industry: Protective Services
Occupational Category: 33-9032 Security Guards
Hours: Full-time, 40 hours per week Salary: USD
- Standing and patrolling security perimeters
- Responding to emergency situations
- Permit authorized persons to enter properties
- Must be able to cover shifts that will extend beyond 1pm (or end of scheduled shift) in all boros.
- Build tools according to specifications
- Communicate effectively with others
- Security Guard Licence.
- Valid NYS Security Guard License
- 16 hour certificate
- 8 hour annual certificate up to date
- At least a year of related security experience
- Polite and approachable manner at all times.
- Provides quality security service.
- Reasonable level of physical fitness and strength.
- Trustworthy character.
- Flexible and responsible approach to the job.
- Ability to work in a team environment with members of varying skill levels.
- Highly motivated.
- Learns quickly.
if you are interested to apply for this job or to view other opportunities,
please visit our Employment section or call us at 212-594-4475
Date Posted: 2018-07-20 Valid Througw Posted: 2018-08-19